Looking for a fun activity for your kids this summer? The Flower Mound Fire Department will host two sessions of the 2016 Youth Fire Academy, for students entering seventh- or eighth-grade in the fall.
- Session 1: July 12 – 15
- Session 2: August 2 – 5
The popular youth fire academy is held at Central Fire Station, 3911 S. Broadway Ave. each day from 8 a.m. to noon.
While at camp, participants will learn about the history of the department, emergency medical services, fire investigation, firefighter equipment, and vehicles while also taking part in a special behind the scenes tour of all the Town’s fire stations. For more information or to register for the camp, call 972.874.6205 or email email@example.com, or check out the youth fire academy flyer.
Register early as space is limited, and camps fill up quickly!
Keep on the look out, people! There’s been a rash of car break ins in the neighborhood. Please make sure all cars are locked and hide those valuable possessions!
Flower Mound’s Town Charter is currently in the process of being reviewed, and the public is encouraged to participate in the process by attending upcoming Charter Review Commission meetings.
The next meeting is on Thursday, April 28, beginning at 6 p.m. at Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd (Council Chambers).
For future meeting dates and more info, click here. These meetings will be recorded and rebroadcast on FMTV. The public is also invited to email the Commission with ideas, suggestions, or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A municipal charter is the basic document that defines the organization, powers, functions and essential procedures of a municipality. Flower Mound’s charter also governs the actions of the Council and staff and creates basic guidelines essential in efficient operations.
Happy Friday everyone!!!
Thanks to all who came out to the Oak Park HOA Meeting this past Tues!
Meeting Minutes below:
- 7:37pm: Meeting called to order by Linda Tuck
- 7:38pm: Ashley read the minutes from the last meeting
- 7:39pm: Jeanette McDonald read the Balance Sheet.
- 7:45pm: Room discussion around Sidewalk Program
- 7:56pm: Linda covered 2016 HOA dues, reminded everyone to send to the new address.
- 7:57pm: Linda read the social update: Visit the new website, sign up for the mailing list, and sign up for the Facebook group
- 7:58pm: Linda introduces the Oak Park HOA/Pinewood Hills Spring Garage Sale. Date confirmed: Sat, May 14th.
- 8:03pm: Linda discusses potential dates around the Oak Park HOA/Pinewood Hills Fall Garage Sale. Tentative date: Sept 17th. More information to follow.
- 8:03pm: HOA Member questions and comments
- 8:06pm: Meeting was adjourned.
Happy Spring everyone!
The days are warming up, the trees are budding, and everything is growing! Now is a great time to check on those growing cracks in your sidewalk.
The Town of Flower Mound has a Sidewalk Program dedicated to helping you fix those cracks cheaper than a general contractor.
Due to Mother Nature being a huge party pooper, we’re going to reschedule the Block Party to Saturday, November 7th.
Please RSVP below if your plans have changed:
Oak Park HOA Secretary
Thanks to all who came out, it was a small but mighty crew and we had some great discussions. Here are the minutes:
- Meeting called to order by Linda Tuck at 7:30pm
- Ashley read the minutes from the HOA meeting on 3/24/15.
- Tom Brown and Linda Tuck have done a wall walk. Brick Doctor will be called to maintain the brick wall.
- Terry Adams mentioned sidewalks need repair. Ashley will post the sidewalk information on the website on how to fix your sidewalk. Typical cost runs around $100 a section. City sidewalk program: http://www.flower-mound.com/FAQ.aspx?TID=17
- There are 17 unpaid HOA member dues.
- Jeanette McDonald read the Balance Sheet.
- Robert Bently, the landscaper, had to pick up mud from the rains. Which costs extra money. If your house backs up to the fence on Kirkpatrick please make sure your water does not run under the fence when watering
- Accounting group has moved, we need to make sure we’re emailing to the correct address. They will be shutting the box down soon. Mail payments to the new address for the accounting company: Dance, Bigelow, Sharp & Co., PC, 3492 Long Prairie, Suite 100, Flower Mound, TX 75022. Please make checks out to Oak Park HOA.
- Ashley read through the new website design, introduced the new facebook page, and encouraged members to sign up for nextdoor.com.
- Oak Park Block party: Scheduled for Oct 24th. Party Committee: Shelley Edwards, Linda Tuck, Jeanette McDonald, and Ashley Schroeder.
- Oak Park and Pinewood Hills Garage Sale: Will be tabled until Spring. If people want to sell their goods, they can take advantage of the Flower Mound Garage Sale Facebook page.
- Shelly Edwards would like to know if chickens can be allowed in our neighborhood. HOA bylaws state that you cannot have them. This issue will be discussed in further detail.
- Ashley Schroeder will post something about making complaints around the neighborhood on the website, and Facebook page.
- Ashley Schroeder will repost the Block Party Volunteer Signup on the Facebook page.
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.
This is where we’ll keep you posted of the latest news, events, and details of all things Oak Park HOA.
Oak Park HOA Facebook page
Feel free to join and share the group with other members of the HOA.
We also have a group on nextdoor.com, if you’d like to get up to the minute updates about our neighborhood.
If you are interested in being on the committee please contact Linda at email@example.com, or 972-679-2445.
If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please do!