Thanks to all who came out, it was a small but mighty crew and we had some great discussions. Here are the minutes:
- Meeting called to order by Linda Tuck at 7:30pm
- Ashley read the minutes from the HOA meeting on 3/24/15.
- Tom Brown and Linda Tuck have done a wall walk. Brick Doctor will be called to maintain the brick wall.
- Terry Adams mentioned sidewalks need repair. Ashley will post the sidewalk information on the website on how to fix your sidewalk. Typical cost runs around $100 a section. City sidewalk program: http://www.flower-mound.com/FAQ.aspx?TID=17
- There are 17 unpaid HOA member dues.
- Jeanette McDonald read the Balance Sheet.
- Robert Bently, the landscaper, had to pick up mud from the rains. Which costs extra money. If your house backs up to the fence on Kirkpatrick please make sure your water does not run under the fence when watering
- Accounting group has moved, we need to make sure we’re emailing to the correct address. They will be shutting the box down soon. Mail payments to the new address for the accounting company: Dance, Bigelow, Sharp & Co., PC, 3492 Long Prairie, Suite 100, Flower Mound, TX 75022. Please make checks out to Oak Park HOA.
- Ashley read through the new website design, introduced the new facebook page, and encouraged members to sign up for nextdoor.com.
- Oak Park Block party: Scheduled for Oct 24th. Party Committee: Shelley Edwards, Linda Tuck, Jeanette McDonald, and Ashley Schroeder.
- Oak Park and Pinewood Hills Garage Sale: Will be tabled until Spring. If people want to sell their goods, they can take advantage of the Flower Mound Garage Sale Facebook page.
- Shelly Edwards would like to know if chickens can be allowed in our neighborhood. HOA bylaws state that you cannot have them. This issue will be discussed in further detail.
- Ashley Schroeder will post something about making complaints around the neighborhood on the website, and Facebook page.
- Ashley Schroeder will repost the Block Party Volunteer Signup on the Facebook page.
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.
This is where we’ll keep you posted of the latest news, events, and details of all things Oak Park HOA.
Oak Park HOA Facebook page
Feel free to join and share the group with other members of the HOA.
We also have a group on nextdoor.com, if you’d like to get up to the minute updates about our neighborhood.
If you are interested in being on the committee please contact Linda at email@example.com, or 972-679-2445.
If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please do!
Celebrate America’s freedom with the Town of Flower Mound at Independence Fest, July 4, 2015, at Bakersfield park, gates open at 5:00 PM. Headlined by 38 SPECIAL, Independence Fest 2015 will continue to build on the success of previous years to be a great day of celebration, and as always, admission and parking are FREE!
Lineup for the Children’s Parade begins at 9:30 a.m. at the corner of Eaton and Timber Creek Road with the parade starting promptly at 10 a.m. The parade is open to all who may wish to take part.
Waste Management notified the Town there will be trash, bulk, and recycling collection issues this week. Currently, all local landfills are closed due to flooding. Therefore, Waste Management trucks need to utilize a landfill 45 minutes away, which will delay trash, bulk, and recycling collection for all neighborhoods.
If your trash is not collected on your designated day, please leave your carts out by the curb. Code Enforcement is aware of the issue and will not be issuing citations.
For further questions, please call 972.539.SERV (7378).
OAK PARK HOA MEETING 3-24-15
The meeting was called to order by Linda Tuck at 7:30 p.m.
Thirteen households were represented.
The new officers were introduced.
Treasurer Jeanette McDonald passed out a copy of the financial report and reviewed it with the members present.
Linda announced a new address for the accounting firm for sending in HOA dues.
Five homes had liens placed on them this year. As of March 24th, there are 29 unpaid HOA member dues.
Linda discussed the success of the last block party and thanked the committee members.
Please contact Linda if you would like to be on the committee for the next block party.
There will be a garage sale in the spring and April 25th was agreed upon for the date.
It was announced that two homes recently sold in the neighborhood.
Ellen Lane, HOA secretary, announced that her home has sold and she is moving out of the neighborhood. Linda called for a volunteer to replace Ellen Lane, and Ashley Schroeder accepted.
Tom Brown discussed the sidewalk repair along Kirkpatrick. The city of Flower Mound has responsibility for the sidewalk and the HOA is responsible for maintaining the brick wall. He recommended that someone do a “wall walk” at least once a year.
Ed Chavez asked about delinquent homeowners and our attorney fees for filing liens.
Tom Moore discussed the condition of the grass along Kirkpatrick and how we could go about getting it watered. Linda will get with Robert Bently, our landscaper, to discuss the grass and see what can be done.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
Bill and Eva Dooley will be moving into 4012 Oak Park this month. Welcome to the neighborhood Mr. & Mrs. Dooley!
The next meeting of the Oak Park HOA will be Tuesday, March 24th, at 7:30 p.m. at the police station.
The 2nd HOA Block Party was a great success!! Thank you all for making this a great party. I heard nothing but great comments about how great everything turned out. I have even had some offer to help next year.
I neglected to thank the outgoing directors for a great job. Please join me in saying “THANK YOU” TO Tom, Mark and Donald for a great 4 years.
The new directors look forward to keeping this a great HOA:
Linda Tuck — President
Ellen Lane — Secretary
Jeanette McDonald — Treasurer
Neighbors — one of our cooks will be traveling during the block party that is set for next week. We are looking for a volunteer to roll their grill down to the cul-de-sac next Saturday and be able to cook hamburgers & hot dogs.
If you would be able to do this please reach out to one of your neighbors: you can reach Ellen by text message to 817-991-1128, or call Deanna @972-906-5504. You can also RSVP online by sending a email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oak Park HOA Board